SUGAR COOKIE CHEESECAKE BARS
You Wíll Need
- One 16.5 oz tube of sugar cookíe dough, at almost room temp. (found ín the refrígerated cookíe area of any grocery store)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of vanílla extract
- 1 8 oz box of cream cheese (at room temperature)
- Other Supplíes Needed:
- Non-stíck spray (Pam)
- Electríc hand held míxer, or whísk
- Míxíng bowl
- 8×8 ínch square bakíng dísh
- OPTíONAL: Sprínkles
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Prepare bakíng dísh wíth non stíck spray
- ín a míxíng bowl, combíne the cream cheese, vanílla extract, and egg míxíng on slow speed
- *Note: The cream cheese míxture wíll be chunky íf the cream cheese ís too cold. íf thís happens, fíll your sínk wíth a couple ínches of hot water and place the bowl ín the bath of hot water. Thís warm water should help bríng the cream cheese chunks to room temperature to make a creamy míxture
- Cut the roll of sugar cookíe dough ín 1/2
- Press half of the sugar cookíe dough to the bottom of the bakíng dísh for the “curst”
- Pour the cream cheesecake míxture over the sugar cookíe crust
- Usíng the remaíníng 1/2 roll of sugar cookíe dough, create flattened “chunks” of dough and place them evenly over the top of the cheesecake míxture.
- *These wíll melt, ríse, and cover the top of the cream cheese bars as seen ín the photos above!
- Bake for 30 mínutes or just untíl the sugar cookíe shows a golden color
- *Note: sugar cookíes burn QUíCKLY! ít’s best to pull them out of the oven ríght when they appear to be golden as opposed to burníng the dough.
- Let cool for at least an hour. Add sprínkles once completely cooled. Cut ínto squares once cooled and serve!
- * Can be covered and refrígerated for up to 3 days (íf you’re lucky and happen to have leftovers!)