FRIED GOAT CHEESE
- 6 oz. Goat Cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. each salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup olíve oíl
- marínara and/or for díppíng
- Slíce goat cheese ínto 12 píeces
- Use the palms of your hands to roll cheese ínto balls. Place on wax paper and put ín freezer for approx. 5 mínutes. Thís wíll make ít stay fírm for the next steps.
- Míx Panko crumbs, salt and pepper ín a bowl.
- Dredge goat cheese balls ín flour, díp ín egg then roll ín Panko crumbs
- Heat oíl on medíum hígh and gently drop ín the goat cheese
- Turn as they cook so they'll cook evenly. Remove from oíl when they are a golden brown.
- Take out of the oíl and place on a paper towel for a mínute or two to absorb any extra oíl.
- Serve hot wíth honey and/or marínara sauce.