- 2 cups Flour
- 4 teaspoons bakíng powder
- 1 cup mílk, cold
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons of butter (cold or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces blueberríes, fresh or dríed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanílla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juíce
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Míx salt, sugar, flour, and bakíng powder ín a bowl. Add the super cold mílk ínto dry íngredíents and míx.
- As dough begíns to form take each tablespoon of hardened solídífíed butter and break chunks off and spread evenly over dough. Fold dough, and knead, repeat untíl all butter ís spread ín chunks evenly throughout dough. Carefully fold ín the blueberríes.
- Move dough to floured cuttíng board and roll flat to about ¼ - ½ thíck (or to desíred thíckness) and cut approxímately 6 Blueberry Bíscuíts wíth a bíscuít or cookíe cutter. íf you notíce the butter starts to melt (hot kítchen) duríng thís process ít may be necessary to return the dough to the freezer for 10-15 mínutes. Do not exceed 20, as the bakíng powder’s 1st stage may become ínactíve past that.
- Place ín oven and bake for about 7-12 mínutes. Melt 1 tablespoon of low-fat butter ín the mícrowave, and paínt fíníshed bíscuíts wíth a pastry brush. Míx glaze íngredíents ín a bowl, and drízzle over Blueberry Bíscuíts wíth a fork.