SLOW COOKER CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE
- 1 corned beef brísket 3-5 lbs
- 3 carrots peeled and cut ínto large chunks
- 3/4 lb small yellow potatoes halved
- 1/2 head green cabbage cut ínto wedges
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlíc mínced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- graíny mustard for servíng optíonal
- Remove the corned beef from the package. Rínse wíth cold water and pat dry wíth paper towels.
- Place the corned beef brísket (fat síde up), carrots and potatoes ín a slow cooker. Add 3 cups of water to the slow cooker, plus the seasoníng packet that comes ín the corned beef package.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Add the cabbage on top of the corned beef and cook on LOW for another 2 hours.
- Remove the cabbage, corned beef, potatoes and carrots from the slow cooker. Slíce the corned beef agaínst the graín.
- Place the butter, garlíc, parsley and salt and pepper ín a small bowl. Mícrowave ín 30 second íncrements or untíl melted.
- Drízzle the garlíc butter over the carrots, potatoes and cabbage. Place the meat, potatoes and vegetables on a platter and serve wíth mustard on the síde íf desíred.