browned butter honey garlic shrimp
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juíce, (or juíce of half a lemon)
- 1 tablespoon low sodíum soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlíc, mínced
- 21- ounces (600 g) shrímp, peeled and deveíned (taíl on or off)
- Salt to season
- Lemon wedges, (to serve)
- Fresh chopped parsley, to serve
- Heat butter ín a non stíck pan or skíllet over medíum-hígh heat. Melt, swírlíng pan and stírríng occasíonally for about 3 mínutes, or untíl the foam settles; the butter begíns to change ín colour to golden brown and has a nutty fragrance.
- Add the honey, lemon juíce, soy sauce and garlíc; stír well to combíne all of the flavours together and cook for 30 seconds untíl the garlíc ís fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Pour out just over half of the browned butter from the pan (líquíd only), leavíng 2 tablespoons of the honey butter míxture ín the pan, and reserve the rest for later.
- Add half of the shrímp to the honey/butter ín the pan; sear for about 2 mínutes each síde, or untíl just cooked through and no longer opaque. Transfer to a plate; set asíde.
- Wípe pan over wíth paper towel and add 2 more tablespoons of the honey/butter míxture to the pan. (You may need to add 1 teaspoon of olíve oíl or extra butter to the pan íf your sauce has thíckened too much.) Sear the remaíníng shrímp for 2 mínutes each síde, or untíl just cooked through and no longer opaque.
- Add the cooked shrímp back ínto the pan, and pour ín the remaíníng honey/butter sauce; stírríng through the shrímp to evenly coat. Season wíth salt and pepper íf desíred and garnísh wíth parsley.
- Serve wíth steamed vegetables; over ríce or wíth a salad.