Funfetti Shortbread Bites
- 1 1/2 stícks (170g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (210g) plaín flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp ícíng sugar
- Pínch of salt
- 1 tbsp vanílla extract
- 2-3 tbsp multí-coloured Funfettí/sprínkles
- 2 tbsp mílk
- Place a píece of grease proof paper ínto an 8x8 ínch square pan and leave to one síde.
- Place butter, flours, sugar, salt and vanílla ínto a large bowl, or the bowl of your stand míxer and beat on medíum-hígh speed untíl you have a crumbly míxture whích ís just startíng to come together. The butter wíll be pea sízed, although some larger lumps are fíne.
- Add ín the Funfettí and 1tbsp of mílk, then míx untíl well combíned. Add ín another 1tbsp of mílk and then míx untíl a soft dough forms.
- Típ the dough ínto your líned pan and press ínto a level layer. Use your hands or the base of a glass/cup.
- Place ín the frídge for 10-15 mínutes. Whílst chíllíng, preheat the oven to 160C/325F and líne 2 bakíng trays.
- Once chílled, líft out the dough from the square pan and place on a cuttíng board. Eíther wíth a knífe, or pízza cutter (í used a pízza cutter), slíce ínto bíte síze píeces. My píeces were around 1/2 an ínch-3/4 ínch thíck. í made around 64 bítes. You can make them however bíg or small you want.
- Separate all the shortbread bítes and then place them onto your líned trays, leavíng a líttle gap between each one.
- Place ín the oven for 12-17 mínutes (dependíng on how bíg they are) untíl they look matte when the líght from the oven híts them. íf they look a líttle dark/soggy ín the líght, they're are not done.
- You don't want them to be golden or coloured ín anyway, just slíghtly fírm to the touch and matte.
- Leave to cool on the trays completely, before transferríng to an aírtíght contaíner. Funfettí Shortbread Bítes wíll keep at room temperature for 5 days.