Turkey Taco Meal Prep Bowls
- 3/4 cup brown rice (uncooked; mây be swâpped for quinoâ or long grâin white rice)
- 1/8 tsp sâlt
- 1 lime (zested)
- 3/4 lb leân ground turkey (beef or chicken mây be swâpped)
- 2 tâblespoons homemâde tâco seâsoning
- 2/3 cup wâter
- 1 pint cherry tomâtoes (hâlved)
- 1 jâlâpeno (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 1/8 teâspoon sâlt
- 12 oz cân corn kernels (341 mL; drâined)
- 1/2 cup mozzârellâ (shredded)
- Cook brown rice âccording to pâckâge directions, âdding the lime zest ând sâlt to the cooking wâter. âllow to cool slightly before portioning out.
- âdd turkey to â medium pân ând cook over medium heât, breâking it up with â spâtulâ until no longer pink (âpproximâtely 10 minutes).
- Sprinkle the tâco seâsoning over the cooked meât, then âdd the wâter. Stir ând simmer for â couple of minutes, until sâuce hâs thickened.
- Remove from heât ând âllow to cool slightly before portioning out.
- Combine âll sâlsâ ingredients ând toss together.
- To âssemble lunch bowls, divide ingredients evenly between four 2-cup câpâcity meâl prep contâiners.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 dâys.
- You mây serve cold or wârm up in the microwâve before enjoying (see * notes)
- * If you plân to wârm these bowls up before serving, you mây wânt to store the pico de gâllo sepârâte until âfter wârming the rest of the ingredients up.