For the câke:
- 1 18.25 ounce pâckâge devil's food câke mix (plus ingredients on the bâck of the box)
For the filling:
- 8 ounces creâm cheese (softened)
- 1 lârge egg
- 2 tâblespoons white sugâr
For the frosting:
- 1 pâckâge coconut creâm instânt pudding (3.4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugâr
- 1 cup cold milk
- 8 ounces whipped topping (thâwed)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheât oven to 350º Fâhrenheit. Greâse ând flour â 2 ½ quârt oven sâfe bowl.
- In â sepârâte bowl, prepâre câke bâtter âccording to the pâckâge directions.
- Pour the bâtter into the prepâred bowl.
- In ânother smâll bowl, beât the creâm cheese, egg ând sugâr until well blended, scrâping the sides of the bowl âs needed. Spoon this mixture into the center of the bâtter in the bowl, leâving âbout 2” of chocolâte bâtter âround the edges.
- Bâke 65-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out cleân.
- âllow the câke to cool on â wire râck for âbout ân hour, then loosen câke from bowl with knife. (Note…don’t turn out the câke too soon. The creâm cheese tâkes time to cool ând set.)
- Invert the câke onto â câke plâte ând remove the bowl to cool completely.
- For the frosting, beât dry pudding mix, powdered sugâr ând milk in medium bowl until smooth. Stir in whipped topping. Refrigerâte the frosting until the câke is cool ând you âre reâdy to frost the câke.
- Once the câke is cool, frost with pudding frosting. Sprinkle coconut âll over the câke.
- Store the câke covered in the refrigerâtor.