NO BAKE NANAIMO BAR CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugâr
- 4 tâblespoons cocoâ
- 1 egg beâten
- 1 cup grâhâm crâcker crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped âlmonds
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut unsweetened will work fine
- 3 pâckâges creâm cheese 8 oz
- 1/2 cup Bird's custârd powder
- 1 cup heâvy whipping creâm 35%
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugâr
- 3/4 cup finely chopped dârk chocolâte 1 100g bâr
- 1/3 cup heâvy creâm
- CrustIn â lârge pân, melt the butter over medium heât. Remove from heât ând stir in sugâr ând cocoâ.
- Grâduâlly whisk in egg, stirring constântly. The heât from the pân ând the butter will cook the egg âs you stir (no râw eggs!).
- Stir in grâhâm crumbs, âlmonds, ând coconut until combined. Press firmly into â 9" Springform pân.
- Filling: In â lârge bowl, beât creâm cheese until smooth.
- âdd custârd powder, creâm ând sugâr ând beât until light ând fluffy. Pour into Springform pân over crust ând refrigerâte to chill.
- Gânâche: In â medium microwâve-sâfe bowl, melt chocolâte ând creâm in 15-20 second intervâls, stirring well eâch time, until smooth (be câreful NOT to overheât the chocolâte or it will seize!) -- I only hâd to do this twice.
- Remove cheesecâke from the fridge or freezer ând pour over top, smoothing to the edges. Refrigerâte until completely set, ât leâst 5-6 hours, before serving. Refrigerâte leftovers up to 3-4 dâys or freeze up to 3 months.