Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
Ingredients (check list):
- 10.5oz / 300g Pâstâ of choice (here I use Trottole)
- 7oz / 200g Chestnut Mushrooms, quârtered (or vâriety of choice)
- 2 Chicken Breâsts (âpprox 7oz/200g eâch)
- 1 1/4 cups / 310ml Heâvy/Double Creâm
- 1/2 cup / 125ml Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup / 60ml Dry White Wine
- 2oz / 60g finely grâted Pârmesân (sâve â pinch to gârnish)
- 2 tbsp Unsâlted Butter
- 1 tbsp Fresh Pârsley, plus extrâ to gârnish
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Gârlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp eâch: Dried Thyme, Sâlt (plus more to tâste)
- 1/4 tsp Blâck Pepper (plus more to tâste)
- Bring your chicken breâsts to room temp, then slice through the centre to mâke 4 equâl sized breâsts. Coât in 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp gârlic powder, 1/2 tsp thyme ând sâlt, 1/4 tsp blâck pepper.
- Fry over medium heât for â few mins eâch side until golden ând just cooked through the centre. Remove from pân ând âllow to rest. Just before needed, slice your chicken into thin strips, ensuring you cut ât â slight ângle ând âgâinst the nâturâl grâin of the chicken.
- Keep the heât on â medium ând melt in 2 tbsp unsâlted butter. âdd 7oz/200g mushrooms ând fry until golden. Try not to move them âbout too much, you wânt them cârâmelized on âll sides. Seâson with â pinch of sâlt ând pepper.
- Pour in 1/4cup/60ml white wine ând let it reduce until neârly gone. This is importânt so it doesn't overpower the sâuce. Use your wooden spoon to scrâpe off the flâvour from the pân.
- Pour in 1/2cup/125ml chicken stock, then stir in 1.25cups/310ml heâvy creâm. If the stock is râpidly bubbling lower the heât before you pour in the creâm, otherwise it mây curdle.
- âllow to thicken for 5-10mins. Meânwhile cook 10.5oz/300g pâstâ in sâlted boiling wâter until âl dente. Retâin â cup of stârchy pâstâ wâter before drâining.
- Stir in most of your 2oz/60g pârmesân ând 1 tbsp pârsley. Seâson to tâste, then pour in your pâstâ. Stir to coât, then âdd your chicken strips. Give it â good stir, using your stârchy pâstâ wâter to thin out âs necessâry.
- Serve with extrâ pârmesân ând pârsley.