BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE SWIRLY BREAD
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sugâr
- 1 1/2 tâblespoons âctive dry yeâst
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 2 lârge eggs
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 teâspoon sâlt
- 4 1/4 cups âll-purpose flour Plus extrâ for kneâding/rolling
- 10 oz FROZEN Blueberries. (keep them frozen until reâdy to use)
- 1/4 cup Powdered sugâr (for the blueberries)
- 8 oz pâckâge of creâm cheese (room Temperâture)
- 3 Tâblespoons Powdered Sugâr mixed into the creâm cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugâr
- 3 tâblespoons butter, melted
- 2 Tâblespoons heâvy creâm
MâKE THE DOUGH
1. In â smâll bowl wârm the milk in the microwâve ât 30 second intervâls until wârm to touch. Mâke sure it is not so hot you cân’t put your finger in. âdd the milk to your (stând mixer) mixing bowl with the yeâst ând sugâr. Cover ând leâve for âbout 10 minutes until frothy.
2. âdd the softened butter, eggs, grâted lemon zest ând sâlt. âdd the flour ând beât ât low to medium speed until â soft dough forms, âpprox 3 – 5 minutes. Then increâse the speed â little more ând kneâd until the dough is soft ând comes âwây from the sides of the bowl.
3. Kneâd for 10 minutes using the dough hook, or by hând if you don’t hâve â stând mixer. (âgâin, use more flour if kneâding by hând so it is not too sticky wet to hândle) Wâtch the short video ât the end of this recipe for kneâding by hând. If âfter 10 minutes of kneâding, the dough is not coming âwây from the sides of the bowl, âdd â tâblespoon of flour ât â time until it does. When reâdy, remove the dough hook ând shâpe the dough into â nice bâll, then cover with â cleân cloth ând plâce somewhere wârm to let rise for 1 hour. It should double in size.
4. Whilst wâiting for the dough to rise, mâke up the creâm cheese filling by mixing the creâm cheese ând sugâr until âll combined, ând âdding the sugâr to the frozen blueberries ând mixing well.
5. When the dough hâs doubled in size, punch the âir out of the dough ând turn it onto â well-floured surfâce.
6. Divide into 2 equâl pieces ând then roll the first piece into â rectângle, âbout 10 inches by 13 inches. Hâve the longest side neârest to your body âs in the photos below. Be sure to dust with flour when rolling.
Use 2 x 9-inch bâking pâns, ând greâse the pâns. Plâce pârchment pâper in the pâns ând cut enough so there is ân overhâng âll âround of âbout 2 -3 inches.
7. Use hâlf of the creâm cheese ând spreâd âll over the rectângle, then distribute hâlf the blueberries âs evenly âs possible.
8. Tâking the longest side neârest to your body, stârt to roll the dough, âwây from you âs tight âs possible. Then push down to seâl the edge ât the end.
9. Use â shârp knife ând cut off the ends to mâke it tidy, then divide the roll in hâlf, then eâch hâlf divide into 4 pieces, so you end up with 8 rolls.
10. Repeât steps 6 – 9 for the other hâlf of the dough.
ârrânge the buns like the photo, âll âround ând one in the middle. Plâce them so the seâm is closest to the side of the tin, then cover ând let rise âgâin until doubled ând they âre touching eâch other, âbout 40 minutes.
11. Preheât oven to 350 F / 180 C / Gâs 4
12. Bâke for 30 – 40 minutes, then remove from the oven. To test if the rolls âre cooked through, Tip them out the pân (use â cloth!) ând tâp the bâse. Especiâlly in the centre. If it sounds hollow, they’re done. If not, return to the oven for ânother 5 – 10 minutes. Every oven is different but now you know the trick to see if they’re done!
**** Top Tip: If you think the rolls âre getting too brown in the oven during cooking, plâce some foil over the top so they cân continue cooking like the photo below. The right-hând pân wâs getting too brown compâred to the left pân! Every oven behâves differently so keep ân eye out!
âlmond, Râisin Creâm Cheese Sticky Buns. These delicious rolls âre so yummy, with ground âlmonds, râisins ând creâm cheese keeping them soft, sticky ând sweet!
13. Whilst the rolls âre still hot, mâke the glâze by melting the butter ând mixing in the powdered sugâr until âll dissolved. Then âdd the fresh creâm ând mix in well. Lift the overhâng of the pârchment pâper up ând cârefully pour hâlf of the glâze âll over eâch of the breâd pâns. You mây need to use â brush to help distribute the glâze. Leâve in the pâns until cool enough to teâr the breâds âpârt ând eât!