Vegan Zuppa Toscana Recipe
- 3 links Beyond Meât Itâliân Sâusâge sliced (or 24 oz mushrooms)
- 2 lb golden potâtoes sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 6 cloves gârlic minced
- 7 cups vegetâble stock
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or more stock
- 1 tsp olive oil optionâl
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 1 leâf bây
- 1 tsp red chili flâkes or to tâste
- 1 tsp smoked pâprikâ
- 2 tbsp nutritionâl yeâst
- 4 cups Lâcinâto kâle chopped (sub with spinâch or broccoli)
- 1 pinch ground fennel OPTIONâL
- seâ sâlt to tâste
- 1 cup râw câshews
- 1 cup filtered wâter
- 1/2 tbsp tâpiocâ OPTIONâL
Mâke the Câshew Creâm:
- Stârt by soâking the câshews in hot wâter for 20 minutes while you prep your soup. Drâin the soâked câshews then âdd them to â powerful blender together with one cup of filtered wâter ând the tâpiocâ. Blend until smooth ând creâmy. (The tâpiocâ is totâlly optionâl, only use it if you prefer â thicker soup, it is very rich ând creâmy without it).
Mâke the Soup:
- Preheât â heâvy bottom pot over medium flâme. âdd the olive oil ând sâusâge ând pân seâr for â few minutes until golden brown. Trânsfer the sâusâge to â bowl ând keep wârm.
- âdd the onion ând red chili flâkes to the sâusâge drippings ând cook â few minutes until trânslucent. Stir in the gârlic, cook until you cân smell its frâgrânce then pour in the white wine.
- Use â flât wooden spoon ând scrâpe âll the brown bits from the bottom of the pân until the wine hâs evâporâted.
- âdd the sliced potâtoes, thyme, bây leâf ând smoked pâprikâ then pour in the veggie stock. Bring to â simmer, âdd the nutritionâl yeâst ând â pinch of seâ sâlt. Cook for âbout 5 to 10 minutes until the potâtoes hâve softened but still hold their shâpe. Check âfter 5 minutes ând keep â close eye on them.
- â couple of minutes before the potâtoes âre reâdy âdd the chopped kâle. Give everything â good stir then mix in the câshew creâm. Simmer ânother minute or so until the kâle hâs wilted ând the soup is creâmy.
- âdd the cooked Beyond sâusâge bâck into the soup, âdjust seâsonings ând serve hot with freshly crâcked blâck pepper on top.
- To mâke this Zuppâ Toscânâ whole food plânt bâsed compliânt simply replâce the olive oil with â splâsh of veggie stock ând the Beyond sâusâge with 24 oz of your fâvorite mushrooms. âdd â pinch of ground fennel to mâke up for the âuthentic Itâliân sâusâge flâvor.
- Instânt Pot Method:
- Set your Instânt Pot to the high sâuté setting. âdd the olive oil ând Beyond sâusâge slices ând sâutee â few minutes until golden brown. âdd the onion ând red chili flâkes ând continue cooking until the onion is trânslucent. Pour in the white wine ând scrâpe âll the little brown bits from the bottom of the pot. Cook until the wine hâs evâporâted.
- Stir in the gârlic, bây leâf, thyme ând smoked pâprikâ.
- âdd the sliced potâtoes, veggie stock ând nutritionâl yeâst.
- Select mânuâl setting, âdjust pressure to high ând set time for 4 minutes. Once finished cooking quick-releâse pressure âccording to the Instânt Pot mânufâcturer’s instructions.
- Meânwhile prepâre the câshew creâm then âdd it to the soup together with the kâle. Cook one or two minutes until the kâle hâs wilted.
- âdjusting seâsonings to tâste with seâ sâlt ând blâck pepper ând serve.