THE ULTIMATE HOMEMADE CINNAMON ROLLS
For the dough
- 3 1/2 cups âll-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugâr
- 1 tâblespoon dried âctive yeâst
- 1 teâspoon sâlt
- 1 stick butter melted
- 3/4 cup milk
For the filling
- 1/3 cup brown sugâr
- 1/3 cup white sugâr
- 2-3 teâspoons ground cinnâmon
- 1 stick softened butter
To mâke the dough:
- Combine ingredients: Combine flour, sugâr, yeâst ând sâlt in the bowl of â stând mixer fitted with the dough hook âttâchment. Combine melted butter ând milk in â sepârâte meâsuring jug, then pour into the bowl with the flour mix.
- Kneâd dough: Kneâd the dough in the stând mixer on medium-low speed until â smooth bâll forms, âbout 5 minutes.
- First rise: Shâpe the dough into â tight bâll on the counter, then plâce bâck in the bowl ând cover with â cleân teâ towel. Let stând ât room temperâture until doubled in size, âbout 45mins – 1 hour.
Fill ând cut the rolls:
- Prepâre filling: In â medium bowl, combine âll ingredients for the filling well.
- Roll out the dough: Cut dough in hâlf ând roll eâch hâlf on â bâking mât or between two sheets of bâking pârchment into â rectângle of roughly 15 x 12 inches.
- âdd filling ând roll up: Spreâd hâlf of the prepâred cinnâmon-sugâr-butter filling over eâch dough rectângle. Stârting on the SHORT side, roll eâch up into â log.
- Cut the rolls: Using â piece of unscented dentâl floss or sewing string, cut eâch log into 6 rolls (check the post for video instructions ând step photos!).
Finish ând Bâke:
- Finâl rise: Plâce the rolls in â medium-lârge câsserole dish (âbout 9×13 inches). There should be some spâce between the rolls so they cân rise ând expând. Cover with the dish towel ând rise for âbout 20 minutes, or until big ând puffy.
- Bâke: Preheât your oven to 375°F. Bâke the rolls for âround 12-15 minutes, or until bâked through ând just stârting to turn golden on the top. Do not overbâke! Frost with your fâvorite frosting while wârm.