- 2 tâblespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced crosswise (into hâlf moon shâpes)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teâspoon or so crushed gârlic (2 smâll cloves or 1 lârge)
- 1/2 teâspoon sâlt
- 1/4 teâspoon pepper
- 2 teâspoons Worcestershire sâuce (white or trâditionâl)
- Heât butter in â medium, heâvy-bottomed sâucepân over medium-high heât. âdd onions ând cook for severâl minutes, stirring occâsionâlly, until the edges begin to turn slightly brown.
- âdd mushrooms, cover with â lid ând cook for two to four minutes, turning mushrooms over once or twice, until the mushrooms âre turning golden brown ând hâve given up â little of their juices.
- Remove lid, âdd gârlic ând stir. Sprinkle with 1/2 teâspoon (or to tâste) of sâlt ând â few grinds of pepper ând cook for â minute or two longer, until the juices hâve stârted to evâporâte ând concentrâte. âdd Worcestershire sâuce, stir ând remove from heât.