Slow Cooker Cuban Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 oz (30 ml) extrâ virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) freshly squeezed orânge juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1½ teâspoons sâlt
- 1 teâspoon ground cumin
- 1 teâspoon dried oregâno
- 1/4 teâspoon crushed red pepper flâkes
- 1/8 teâspoon freshly ground blck pepper
- 7 cloves gârlic, peeled ând smâshed
- 1 smâll sweet onion, peeled ând thinly sliced
- 1 bây leâf
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg) pork shoulder roâst
In â medium mixing bowl, combine âll ingredients, except pork, onion, ând bây leâf. Mix well.
Using â shârp knife, mâke slits in the pork. Rub âll over with the oil mixture.
Plâce pork shoulder roâst ând remâining ingredients in 6-quârt (6 L) slow cooker. Pour the remâining juices from the mixing bowl over the meât.
Cover slow cooker ând cook on low-heât setting for 8 hours.
Turn off slow cooker ând open the lid. Trânsfer cooked pork to â cutting boârd. Let it cool slightly.
Using two forks, shred meât into thick chunks. Serve over cooked rice.