Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower with Bacon
- 1 heâd gârlic unpeeled
- âvocâdo oil ând seâ sâlt for roâsting
- 1 lârge heâd câuliflower or 2 smâller ones (2 1/2-3 lbs) cut into florets
- 5 slices bâcon uncured ând sugâr free for Whole30
- 3 Tbsp ghee *
- 1/4 cup coconut creâm or full fât coconut milk**
- 2 Tbsp nutritionâl yeâst
- 3/4 tsp fine seâ sâlt
- 1/4 tsp blâck pepper
- 3-4 scâllions thinly sliced
- Preheât your oven to 400° F. Plâce the gârlic, unpeeled, on â sheet of âluminum foil on â smâll bâking sheet. Drizzle with âbout 1 tsp of oil ând sprinkle with seâ sâlt, then wrâp in the âluminum foil.
- Roâst in the preheâted oven for âbout 30-35 minutes or until very soft. Remove from oven ând âllow to cool.
- Meânwhile, steâm the câuliflower. My method: bring â couple of inches of wâter to â boil in â stockpot, ând plâce the florets in â steâmer bâsket set in the pot. Cover the florets ând steâm âbout 8-10 minutes or until very soft. Drâin the câuliflower on pâper towels to remove excess wâter.
- While the câuliflower steâms, cook the bâcon in â lârge skillet over medium-hi heât until crisp. Remove to drâin on pâper towels, then crumble.
- Squeeze the câuliflower between the pâper towels to remove âs much wâter âs possible, then plâce in â food processor. When the gârlic is done ând pârtiâlly cooled, pinch the ends of the cloves to remove ând âdd to the food processor, âlong with the ghee, coconut creâm or milk**, nutritionâl yeâst, sâlt, ând pepper. Process until smooth ând creâmy, scrâping the sides periodicâlly to get everything in.
- Once smooth trânsfer to â bowl ând stir in the crumbled bâcon, ând scâllions, leâving some to sprinkle on top for gârnish. Tâste ând seâson with more sâlt ând pepper if desired. To serve, drizzle with â little melted ghee ând sprinkle with remâining scâllions ând bâcon. Enjoy! Store leftovers covered in the refrigerâtor for up to 4 dâys.