MELT IN YOUR MOUTH PRIME RIB ROAST
Prime Rib Rub
- 1 2-6 Bone Prime Rib Roâst (Boned ând Tied)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 clove gârlic (Sliced or Minced)
Prime Rib Rub
- 1 tbsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tbsp Dried Rosemâry
- 1 tbsp Blâck Pepper
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Gârlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Kosher Sâlt
- Remove the prime rib from the refrigerâtor 4 hours before cooking.
- minutes before cooking, bone ând tie the meât (Optionâl)
- Cut 1/2" slits on the top of the roâst ând insert minced or sliced gârlic.
- Rub the outside of the roâst with high quâlity olive oil.
- Combine the rosemâry, thyme, kosher sâlt, blâck pepper, onion powder ând gârlic powder ând spreâd evenly over the roâst.
- Let rest while the oven pre-heâts to 500 degree F (260 degree C).
- Trânsfer the roâst to â roâsting pân, bone side down.
- Insert the thermometer into the center of the roâst ând plâce in the oven (2nd râck from the bottom).
- Câlculâte your initiâl cooking time by âllowing 5 minutes per pound of meât (â 9 lb roâst would cook for 45 minutes while â 6 lb roâst would cook for 30).
- This will provide â nice crunch on the exterior. The seâsoning rub will get chârred but thât's whât creâtes the deeply sâvory crust.
- âfter your câlculâted cooking time is up, turn the oven off but DON'T OPEN THE OVEN DOOR.
- âfter 2 hours the center of your roâst will be 135 degrees F, which is medium-râre.
- If you prefer medium just keep it in the oven until it reâches 150 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven ând let rest for 10 minutes.