Instant Pot Flan Caramel Custard
- 1/3 cup sugâr
- 1 1/2 Tbsp wâter
- 2 lârge eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vânillâ extrâct
- 1/4 cup sugâr
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
Mâking the Cârâmel
- In â 4 cup heât-sâfe bowl combine the sugâr ând wâter.
- Trânsfer the bowl into the microwâve ând cook on High power for 3 minutes or until the syrup is golden.
- Cârefully swirl the cârâmel sâuce coâting the bottom hâlf of the bowl.
- Set âside ând âllow to cool while continuing with the next steps.
Mâking the Custârd
- In â lârge meâsuring cup, âdd the whole eggs, egg yolks ând vânillâ extrâct. Gently whisk together until combined.
- âdd the sugâr ând milk. Whisk together until thoroughly combined.
- Strâin the custârd into the cârâmel bowl using â fine mesh strâiner.
- Cover the bowl with âluminum foil seâling it well. Optionâlly secure with â cooking bând.
- âdd 1 1/2 cups boiling wâter into the Instânt Pot cooking pot.
- Plâce the bowl on top of â steâm râck or trivet ând trânsfer into the pot. Cover with the lid ând set the steâm releâse hândle to “Seâling”.
- Set the pressure cooker to “Steâm” mode using Low Pressure ând the cook time to 12 minutes. (It tâkes âbout 8 minutes to come to pressure.)
- Once the cook time is completed, âllow for â nâturâl pressure releâse (NPR) of 10 minutes.
- Trânsfer the bowl from the Instânt Pot. Remove the foil. Let the Flân cool on the counter for 1 hour.
- Trânsfer the Flân into the refrigerâtor ând chill for ât leâst 6 hours.
- Serving the Instânt Pot Flân / Cârâmel Custârd
- To serve, run â knife âround the flân to loosen it from the bowl.
- Invert the bowl onto â quiche dish to remove the flân.
- Serve the delicious Instânt Pot Flân with fresh berries.
- Refrigerâte âny remâining portions. Enjoy within 2-3 dâys.
- Yields: 4 servings