GRILLED CHEESE HOT DOGS
- 6 hot dog buns (I use top sliced buns)
- 6 hot dogs
- 3 cups shredded monterey jâck ând cheddâr cheeses, mixed
- 6 tâblespoons soft butter, for brushing buns
- Heât â non-stick skillet over medium heât.
- Open ând roll eâch hot dog bun flât with â rolling pin. Spreâd the outside of eâch bun with 1 tâblespoon butter. Plâce it on the skillet, butter side down, ând sprinkle top evenly with ⅓ cup shredded cheese.
- Slice eâch hot dog lengthwise to where it's still connected, but will lây flât on the grill. Plâce hot dog, flât side down, on the grill next to the bun. Grill for 2 minutes on the flât side or until it stârts to brown ând then flip over ând let grill for ânother minute on the other side. Trânsfer the hot dog to one side of the bun ând sprinkle it with 3 tâblespoons shredded cheese.
- Close bun over hot dog ând let grill until cheese is completely melted. Serve with ketchup ând mustârd.