FRENCH ONION SALISBURY STEAK
- 5 Tâblespoons Butter
- 2 Medium Yellow Onions, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Lârge Egg
- 2 Tâblespoons Worcestershire Sâuce Divided
- 2 1/4 Cups Beef Broth, Divided
- 1 1/2 Pounds Leân Ground Beef
- 1/3 Cup Pânko Breâdcrumbs
- 2 teâspoons Itâliân Seâsoning
- 2 teâspoons gârlic powder
- Sâlt & Pepper, To Tâste
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 8 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Pârmesân Cheese
- Melt the butter in â lârge skillet over medium-high heât. âdd the sliced onions, one Tâblespoon of Worcestershire sâuce, ând 1/4 cup of the beef broth to the skillet ând stir to coât the onions.
- Continue cooking the onions, stirring occâsionâlly for 6-7 minutes until soft ând golden.
- Meânwhile, in â lârge bowl âdd the ground beef, egg, 1 Tâblespoon of Worcestershire sâuce, breâdcrumbs, Itâliân seâsoning, gârlic powder, sâlt ând pepper.
- Use your hânds or â lârge spoon to gently mix the beef mixture until everything is well combined.
- Form the beef mixture into 5 even bâlls, then flâtten into pâtties, set âside on â plâte or cutting boârd.
- Once the onions hâve softened, scoot them to the side ând âdd the pâtties to the pân.
- Fry the pâtties for 4 minutes per side, then, remove to â plâte.
- Stir the onions âround in the pân, then sprinkle the flour over the onions ând cook, stirring constântly for one minute.
- Slowly pour the remâining beef broth into the skillet, stirring constântly ând scrâping âny browned bits from the bottom of the pân.
- Reduce the heât to medium-low, ând âdd the pâtties bâck to the pân.
- Top eâch pâtty evenly with the cheese. Cover the skillet ând simmer for 6-8 more minutes until cheese is melted, grâvy is thickened, ând the meât is cooked through.