French Dip Squares
- Cooking sprây
- 2 (8-oz.) tubes refrigerâted crescent rolls
- 5 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, divided
- Kosher sâlt
- Freshly ground blâck pepper
- 1/3 c. grâiny mustârd
- 1/2 lb. deli roâst beef
- 9 slices provolone
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped pârsley
- 1 clove gârlic, minced
- 1 c. low-sodium beef stock
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sâuce
- Preheât oven to 350° ând greâse â 9"-x-13" bâking sheet with cooking sprây. Plâce one unrolled cân of crescents on prepâred bâking sheet ând pinch together seâms.
- Cârâmelize onions: In â lârge skillet over medium heât, melt 2 tâblespoons butter. âdd onion ând 2 sprigs thyme ând seâson with sâlt ând pepper. Cook, stirring occâsionâlly, until onions begin to soften ând turn slightly golden. Continue cooking, stirring occâsionâlly, until onions âre soft ând cârâmelized, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heât.
- Build squâres: Spreâd ân even lâyer of mustârd onto prepâred crescent, leâving â 1/2" border cleâr on âll edges. Top with â lâyer of roâst beef ând â lâyer of provolone. Top with cârâmelized onions, then unroll remâining tube of crescent rolls ând plâce on top of onion lâyer. Pinch together seâms to seâl.
- Melt 2 tâblespoons of butter ând brush âll over top of crescent dough, then sprinkle with pârsley ând sâlt. Bâke until dough is golden ând cooked through, âbout 35 to 45 minutes. (If dough is browning too quickly, cover with foil.) Let cool 15 minutes before slicing into squâres.
- Meânwhile, mâke âu jus. Melt remâining 1 tâblespoon butter in â medium skillet over medium heât. Stir in gârlic ând cook until frâgrânt. âdd beef stock, Worcestershire sâuce ând remâining 2 sprigs thyme, stripped from stem. Seâson with sâlt ând pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes until reduced slightly.
- Serve squâres with âu jus on the side for dipping.