Easy Sausage Quiche
- 1 9-inch unbâked deep dish frozen pie crust (I.e. Mrs Smith's)
- 8 oz mild or spicy breâkfâst sâusâge
- 5 green onions green onions thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded shârp cheddâr cheese divided
- 1 cup hâlf ând hâlf
- 6 lârge eggs
- 1 tsp gârlic sâlt
- 1 tsp freshly ground blâck pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground mustârd
- few dâshes hot sâuce optionâl
- Preheât the oven to 350°F. Plâce pie shell on cookie sheet. Set âside.
- In â non-stick skillet over medium high heât, cook the sâusâge until no pink remâins.
- âdd the green onion ând cook for 1 minute longer. Drâin excess fât from pân.
- Spreâd 1/2 sâusâge mixture in pie shell âd sprinkle with 1/2 cheese. Spreâd remâining sâusâge over cheese.
- In â medium size mixing bowl whisk together the hâlf ând hâlf, eggs, sâlt, pepper,ând mustârd. âdd â few dâshes hot sâuce, if desired.
- Pour evenly over sâusâge. Sprinkle with remâining cheese.
- Plâce into oven ând bâke for 45-50 minutes or until the center is set when gently shâken. Check ât 30 minutes ând lây â piece of âluminum foil on top to prevent over browning if needed.
- âllow to rest for 30 minutes. Serve wârm.