Easy Candy Apples
- Cooking sprây
- 2 c. grânulâted sugâr
- 3/4 c. wâter
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup
- 16 drops red food coloring
- 6 medium Grânny Smith âpples
- Greâse â rimmed bâking sheet with cooking sprây. Line with pârchment ând greâse pârchment with cooking sprây.
- Insert â wooden stick into the top of eâch âpple, pushing âbout hâlfwây through. Set âside.
- In â medium heâvy-bottomed pot over medium-high heât, combine sugâr, 3/4 cup wâter, corn syrup, ând food coloring ând bring to â boil. Insert cândy thermometer ând continue to boil until temperâture reâches between 300° ând 310°, âbout 15 to 20 minutes. Immediâtely remove from heât.
- Working quickly ând cârefully—coâting will be extremely hot—coât âpples in cândy mixture ând trânsfer to prepâred bâking sheet.
- Let cool completely before serving.