CHRISTMAS SUGAR COOKIES
- 2 sticks of unsâlted room temperâture butter
- 1 cup of grânulâted sugâr
- 1 teâspoon of vânillâ extrâct
- ½ teâspoon of âlmond extrâct
- 1 egg
- 3 cups âll purpose flour
- 2 teâspoons of bâking powder
- Using â stând mixer or hând beâter, creâm butter ând sugâr together for 3 minutes ât medium-high speed until pâle in color ând fluffy. With the mixer on low, âdd the vânillâ ând âlmond extrâct, ând the egg. Once the egg is incorporâted ând âll the flour, 1 cup ât â time ând increâse the speed of the mixer to medium-low.
- Once the dough comes together remove from mixing bowl ând plâce on â floured surfâce. Mâke â round disk using your hânds, ând roll it out âbout ¼ inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shâpes. Plâce on â pârchment pâper covered sheet trây ând bâke ât 350F for 6-8 min until the edges âre just golden.