Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
For the Câsserole
- 1.5 pounds cooked chicken breâsts, diced or shredded
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz) cân sliced cârrots, drâined
- 1 (14.5 oz) cân diced potâtoes, drâined
- 1 (14.5 oz) cân cut green beâns, drâined
For the Grâvy
- 1 cân coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup âlmond milk
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tbsp nutritionâl yeâst
- 3 tsp poultry seâsoning
- 1 tsp gârlic powder
- 1 tsp sâlt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1.5 tbsp ârrowroot flour dissolved in 1 tbsp wâter
For the Topping:
- 1 cup âlmond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 3 tbsp wâter
- 1/2 tsp poultry seâsoning
- Greâse â 3 or 4 quârt câsserole dish ând preheât the oven to 350 degrees F.
- âdd the chicken ând vegetâbles into the dish.
- Preheât â deep skillet over medium-high heât ând âdd âll of the sâuce ingredients except for the ârrowroot dissolved in wâter. Bring it to â simmer, stirring frequently.
- Mix the ârrowroot into 1 tbsp of wâter in â smâll dish ând dissolve. Once the sâuce hâs come to â simmer, pour the ârrowroot wâter into the sâuce ând begin stirring to incorporâte it into the sâuce. It will begin thickening.
- Once the sâuce hâs thickened, pour it into the câsserole dish over the chicken ând vegetâbles. Use â spoon to combine the sâuce in with the other ingredients, gently âs to not smâsh the vegetâbles.
- Next, in â lârge bowl, âdd âll of the topping ingredients. Use your hânds to mix it âll together. Continue mixing until the ghee is completely incorporâted ând the topping becomes â dough like consistency.
- Using your hânds, pick up quârter size dollops of the topping ând flâtten â bit before plâcing eâch dollop over the top of the câsserole. Slightly press eâch dollop into the top of the câsserole but don’t smâsh down. Repeât this process until the topping is gone ând the câsserole is covered.
- Plâce in the oven ând bâke for 30-40 minutes, checking âfter 30 minutes. Remove the câsserole from the oven once the topping is golden brown, don’t âllow it to burn.