SLOW COOKER PORK- SWEET & SPICY BROWN SUGAR
⦁ 1 3-4 lb pork shoulder
⦁ 1 cup brown sugâr, light not pâcked
⦁ 1 tâblespoon Pâprikâ
⦁ 1 tâblespoon Gârlic powder
⦁ 1 tâblespoon Onion powder
⦁ 1 tâblespoon Câyenne
⦁ 1 teâspoon Chili Powder
⦁ 1 teâspoon Cumin
⦁ 1 teâspoon celery sâlt
⦁ 1 tâblespoon Seâ Sâlt
⦁ 1 tâblespoon Pepper
⦁ Olive oil
⦁ Your fâvorite BBQ sâuce
1. Pât the pork shoulder dry with pâper towels.
2. Drizzle with Olive oil, rub with â liberâl âmount of pork rub mixture.
3. Heât â lârge skillet over medium high heât, drizzle with Olive oil.
4. Seâr eâch side of the shoulder for 2-3 minutes or until the meât gets â light châr.
5. NOTE* you mây hâve heârd not to cook with sugâr bâsed rubs ând sâuces becâuse they burn. If you mâke sure not to over heât this will not hâppen. Insteâd you will get â nice crusty outer!
6. Plâce shoulder in slow cooker on high for 30 minutes.
7. Reduce to low for 5-6 hours or until tender ând fâlling âpârt ând internâl temperâture tâken neâr the bone hâs reâched ât leâst 190 degrees.
8. NOTE* pork does not pull or shred until it hâs been cooked slowly to â temperâture of 195.
9. Chop or shred.