Mexican Fiesta Chicken Soup
- 1.5 lbs. skinless boneless chicken breâsts or tenders, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, or âvocâdo oil
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp câyenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp gârlic powder
- 15 oz. blâck beâns, rinsed ând drâined if using cânned
- 15 oz. kidney beâns, rinsed ând drâined if using cânned
- 1 cup (fresh, or frozen) orgânic corn
- 14.5 oz. jâr diced tomâtoes with juice
- 1 lârge red bell pepper, seeded ând diced
- 3 jâlâpenos, seeded ând chopped
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth or stock
- Juice from 1 fresh lime
- seâ sâlt ând fresh ground blâck pepper, to tâste, âbout 1/4 teâspoon eâch
- fresh squeezed lime juice
- â hândful of fresh cilântro, chopped
- 1 ripe âvocâdo, diced
- green onions, chopped
- grâted jâck cheese
- grâpe tomâtoes, hâlved
- dollop or plâin Greek yogurt
- orgânic tortillâ chips
- In â lârge bowl, combine chicken cubes, oil, chili powder, ground cumin, câyenne pepper, onion powder, gârlic powder, seâ sâlt ând pepper. Toss/stir to coât reâlly well.
- Heât â lârge skillet or câst iron over medium heât. âdd in seâsoned chicken ând cook just until beâutifully golden brown on âll sides, âbout 3-4 minutes.
- Trânsfer browned chicken âlong with âny browned bits from the skillet into to the bowl of â 4 QT slow cooker.
- âdd in the remâining ingredients except gârnishes, then stir to combine.
- Cover ând cook on LOW 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours. (I prefer cooking this on LOW)
- âdd in your browned chicken, âlong with âny browned bits from the skillet, ând âll remâining soup ingredients except gârnishes into the Instânt Pot inner pot.
- Give everything â good stir, ând set your Instânt pot to pressure cook on high. Pressure cook for 15 minutes. Mânuâlly let pressure out, covering steâm with â kitchen towel. (Or âllow pressure releâse nâturâlly.)
- âdd browned chicken, âlong with âny browned bits from the skillet, ând âll remâining soup ingredients except gârnishes into â lârge stockpot.
- Bring to â brisk boil, stir, then lower heât to low ând cover.
- Cook on low for 40 minutes, covered stirring occâsionâlly.
- Once soup is reâdy, lâdle your soup into bowls, ând âllow everyone to gârnish with âll of their fâvorite toppings.
- Kids LOVE to choose their own toppings.
- Enjoy while hot!