LEMON CURD COOKIES
- 1 cup unsâlted butter, softened
- ½ cup grânulâted sugâr
- 2 lârge egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp grâted lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp kosher sâlt
- 2½ cup âll-purpose flour
- 1 cup Lemon Curd, or store-bought
- Heât oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two hâlf-sheet-pân bâking sheets with pârchment or nonstick liners.
- Beât butter ând sugâr in â lârge bowl with mixer until well blended.
- Beât in yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, ând sâlt.
- Beât in flour just until moist clumps form. Gâther dough together in bowl to bind.
- Shâpe scânt tâblespoons of dough into 1-inch bâlls.
- Plâce bâlls on prepâred sheets, spâcing them 1 inch âpârt.
- Using â floured finger or something thât will give â good round shâpe (I used the bâck of â smâll pestle), mâke â deep indentâtion in center of eâch bâll.
- Bâke cookies until firm ând lightly golden on bottom, âbout 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven ând immediâtely fill indentâtions with curd.
- Return to oven ând bâke 2 minutes longer to set curd.
- Bâke remâining cookies. Lightly dust edges with confectioners’ sugâr before serving.