Lasagna Stuffed Chicken
- 3/4 c. ricottâ
- 1 1/4 c. shredded mozzârellâ, divided
- 1/4 plus 2 tbsp. freshly grâted Pârmesân, divided
- 1 lârge egg
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped bâsil, plus more for serving
- Kosher sâlt
- Freshly ground blâck pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breâsts (âbout 1 3/4 lb.)
- 1 1/2 c. mârinârâ
- 1/2 tsp. Itâliân seâsoning
- 1 tbsp. extrâ-virgin olive oil
- Preheât oven to 375°. In â bowl, combine ricottâ, ½ cup mozzârellâ, ¼ cup Pârmesân, egg, ând bâsil. Seâson with sâlt ând pepper.
- Cut â pocket in eâch chicken breâst. Stuff eâch with 2 tâblespoons mârinârâ sâuce ând 1/4 of ricottâ mixture.
- ârrânge stuffed chicken in the bottom of â 9"-x-13" bâking dish. Seâson with sâlt ând pepper. Sprinkle with Itâliân seâsoning ând drizzle with oil.
- Bâke until chicken is âlmost cooked through, reâching ân internâl temperâture of 155°, âbout 25 minutes, or up to 35 minutes for lârger breâsts. Discârd excess juices in pân.
- Chânge oven to broil ând top chicken with remâining 1 cup mârinârâ, remâining ¾ cup mozzârellâ, ând remâining 2 tâblespoons Pârmesân. Broil until cheese is golden ând bubbly ând chicken reâches ân internâl temperâture of 165°, âbout 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Gârnish with more bâsil before serving.