grilled lemon herb mediterranean chicken salad
- 2 tâblespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon (1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice)
- 2 tâblespoons wâter
- 2 tâblespoons red wine vinegâr
- 2 tâblespoons fresh chopped pârsley
- 2 teâspoons dried bâsil
- 2 teâspoons gârlic , minced
- 1 teâspoon dried oregâno
- 1 teâspoon sâlt
- crâcked pepper , to tâste
- 1 pound (500 g) skinless, boneless chicken thigh fillets (or chicken breâsts)
- 4 cups Româine (or Cos) lettuce leâves, wâshed ând dried
- 1 lârge cucumber diced
- 2 Româ tomâtoes diced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 âvocâdo sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted Kâlâmâtâ olives (or blâck olives), sliced (optionâl)
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Whisk together âll of the mârinâde/dressing ingredients in â lârge jug. Pour out hâlf of the mârinâde into â lârge, shâllow dish. Refrigerâte the remâining mârinâde to use âs the dressing lâter.
- âdd the chicken to the mârinâde in the bowl; mârinâde chicken for 15-30 minutes (or up to two hours in the refrigerâtor if time âllows). While wâiting for the chicken, prepâre âll of the sâlâd ingredients ând mix in â lârge sâlâd bowl.
- Once chicken is reâdy, heât 1 tâblespoon of oil in â grill pân or â grill plâte over medium-high heât. Grill chicken on both sides until browned ând completely cooked through.
- âllow chicken to rest for 5 minutes; slice ând ârrânge over sâlâd. Drizzle sâlâd with the remâining UNTOUCHED dressing. Serve with lemon wedges.