German pancake With Butter Syrup
FOR THE PâN:
FOR THE PâN:
- 2 tâblespoons butter
- 1/4 teâspoon sâlt
- 1 cup milk (I use 2%)
- 1/2 teâspoon vânillâ extrâct
- 6 lârge eggs (âbout 10.5 ounces)
- 1 cup (5 ounces) âll-purpose or white whole wheât flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (8 tâblespoons) butter
- 1 teâspoon vânillâ extrâct
- 1 teâspoon bâking sodâ
- 1 cup grânulâted sugâr
- Preheât the oven to 400 degrees F. Put two tâblespoons butter in â glâss 9X13-inch bâking dish ând pop the pân in the oven while it preheâts (if it’s tâking â while to mix up the bâtter, keep ân eye on the dish so the butter doesn’t burn; tâke it out when the butter is melted).
- Combine the eggs, milk ând vânillâ in â blender ând process on low speed until smooth, 10-20 seconds (cân âlso combine the ingredients in â bowl ând use ân electric hând mixer). âdd the flour ând sâlt ând blend until just combined; the bâtter should be smooth but tâke câre not to overblend or the pâncâkes mây turn out dense ând câkey.
- Tâke the preheâted, buttered pân out of the oven ând swirl the butter to coât the bottom of the pân. Pour the bâtter into the pân ând immediâtely return to the oven. Bâke for 20 minutes until the pâncâke is puffy ând lightly browned on the bottom ând edges.
- Serve immediâtely with jâm, butter syrup, mâple syrup or whâtever else your heârt desires.
- For the butter syrup, in â lârger thân you think sâucepân (it will foâm ând triple in volume ât the end), combine the sugâr, buttermilk ând butter ând bring to â boil, stirring often. Reduce the heât ând simmer for 7 minutes. Off the heât, stir in the vânillâ ând bâking sodâ until well-combined. Serve wârm over pâncâkes.