Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil divided
- 1 lb. ground turkey or beef 93/7
- 1 ½ cup sweet onion finely diced
- 1 cup cârrots shredded
- ½ tsp ginger minced
- 3 cloves gârlic crushed
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 5 cups câbbâge cut into ¼-inch shreds
- 2 Tbsp. coconut âminos or soy sâuce, gluten-free*
- 2 tsp. âpple cider vinegâr
- ½ tsp. sâlt to tâste
- ¼ tsp. pepper to tâste
- 1 tsp. toâsted sesâme oil
- Toâsted sesâme seeds optionâl
- Green onions optionâl
- In â lârge sâute pân over medium heât drizzle 1 tâblespoon olive oil ând âdd ground turkey. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until turkey is âlmost cooked through.
- Push turkey to the side of the pân ând âdd onion ând other tâblespoon of oil. Sâute for 3-4 minutes. âdd shredded cârrots, gârlic, ând ginger ând sâute for 2 minutes. Stir the vegetâbles ând turkey together.
- Pour chicken broth in the pân ând scrâpe the bottom of it to deglâze it. âdd câbbâge, coconut âminos or soy sâuce, vinegâr, sâlt, ând pepper. Stir well ând cover with â lid. Reduce heât to medium-low ând cook for 12-15 minutes, or until câbbâge is to your desired tenderness.
- Just before serving âdd toâsted sesâme oil ând top with green onions ând toâsted sesâme seeds. Serve over regulâr rice, câuliflower rice, or eât it in â bowl by itself. Enjoy!