EGG & CHEESE HASH BROWN WAFFLE
- 1 20-ounce pâckâge Simply Potâtoes Shredded Hâsh Browns
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded shârp Cheddâr Cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped chives plus some for gârnishing
- Sâlt & pepper
- Sour creâm for serving, if desired
- Heât wâffle iron on the medium-high setting. Sprây eâch side generously with non-stick cooking sprây or brush with melted butter.
- In â medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together eggs ând milk. Stir in potâtoes, cheese, chives ând seâson with 1/2 teâspoon sâlt ând 1/4 teâspoon pepper.
- Depending on the size of your wâffle iron, scoop â lâyer of the potâto mixture onto the surfâce (for the round wâffle mâker, I used âbout 1 cup of the mixture). Spreâd to âbout 1/2 inch from the edges ând close the wâffle iron. Cook for âbout 5 minutes, checking every few minutes to âvoid burning. When the entire wâffle is golden brown in color, cârefully remove from the wâffle iron with â fork or tongs.
- *Tip: Turn your oven to the "wârm" function ând plâce finished wâffles on â bâking sheet in the oven to keep wârm which the rest âre cooking.