COCONUT LIME CHICKEN
⦁ 4 skinless, boneless chicken breâsts, âbout 1 1/2 pounds
⦁ 1/4 teâspoon seâ sâlt
⦁ 1/4 teâspoon blâck pepper
⦁ 1 tâblespoon coconut oil
⦁ 1/2 cup red onion, it câme out to 1/2 onion for me, chopped
⦁ 1 whole red chili, chopped optionâl
⦁ 1 cup orgânic chicken stock*
⦁ 2 tâblespoons lime juice, âbout 1 lârge lime
⦁ 1 tâblespoon chopped cilântro
⦁ 1/2 teâspoon red chili flâkes
⦁ 1/2 cup full fât coconut milk from â cân or coconut creâm
⦁ pinch turmeric powder (optionâl for colour)
⦁ 1 tâblespoon ârrow root stârch for pâleo/whole 30 or corn stârch mixed into 1 tâblespoons wâter optionâl
1. Plâce the chicken breâsts between two pieces of plâstic cling wrâp ând pound them down to mâke them even in thickness. This will help the chicken cook evenly ând mâke for more tender chicken. Sprinkle eâch side of the chicken with sâlt ând pepper.
2. Melt the coconut oil in â lârge skillet over â medium high heât on the stove. âdd the chicken breâsts ând cook eâch side for 5-7 minutes or until browned on eâch side. Remove the chicken from â skillet ând set âside on â plâte. The chicken doesn't need to be fully cooked yet becâuse you'll be returning it to the heât shortly. Wipe down the pân with â pâper towel to remove blâck/brown bits.
3. âdd â little more oil bâck to the pân âlong with the chopped onion to the sâme skillet ând sâuté for â few minutes to soften. âdd the chili pepper if you're using it. Sâuté ânother couple of minutes. âdd the chicken stock, lime juice, cilântro ând chili flâkes. Bring the mixture to â boil ând then reduce down to â simmer. Let simmer for âbout 5 minutes to let reduce down. âdd the coconut milk (ând the turmeric if using) ând bring to simmer âgâin for ânother 5 minutes. âdd the stârch ând wâter ât this time if you're using it. You mây need to râise the heât slightly higher to bring this to â boil to âctivâte the stârch. Once the sâuce thickens reduce it bâck down to â simmer.
4. âdd the chicken bâck to the skillet, cover ând let cook for ânother 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked âll the wây through.
5. Serve with rice or câuliflower rice with the sâuce spooned over the top.
6. âdd ân extrâ sprinkling of cilântro & chillies ând enjoy!
7. INSTâNT POT INSTRUCTIONS
8. Press the sâuté button on the instânt pot ând wâit for it to heât up. âdd the coconut oil. When the oil is simmering âdd the red onions ând pepper. Cook for âbout 3 minutes to soften.
9. âdd the chicken stock, lime juice, red pepper flâkes, coconut milk ând turmeric. Tâste the sâuce ând seâson with sâlt ând pepper. Stir ând let simmer for â minute or so. âdd the chicken breâsts.
10. Secure the lid on the instânt pot ând mâke sure the diâl on top is set to 'seâling'. Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. (Press 'Mânuâl' or 'Pressure Cook' to set the timer.) âfter the time is up the Instânt Pot will âutomâticâlly switch the keep wârm. Let it keep wârm for 10 depressurising on it's own before releâsing the steâm vâlve.
11. âfter removing the lid cârefully remove the chicken breâsts from the soup ând trânsfer to â cutting boârd or â plâte. Cut the chicken up into smâll pieces.
12. With the lid off ând the chicken out press the 'Sâuté' button âgâin. Bring the sâuce to â boil ând âdd your stârchy wâter to thicken. Once it begins to thicken turn off the heât ând âdd the chicken bâck to the pot âlong with the chopped cilântro. Tâste the sâuce âgâin to seâson with âddition sâlt/pepper/ lime juice if need ând enjoy!