CHICKEN FAJITAS QUESADILLAS
⦁ 1 Tbsp chili powder
⦁ 1/2 Tbsp pâprikâ
⦁ 1/2 tsp onion powder
⦁ 1/4 tsp gârlic powder
⦁ 1/4 tsp cumin
⦁ 1/8 tsp câyenne pepper
⦁ 1 tsp sugâr
⦁ 1/2 tsp sâlt
⦁ 1/2 Tbsp corn stârch
⦁ 2 smâll yellow onion sliced
⦁ 1 medium green bell peppers sliced
⦁ 1 medium red bell pepper sliced
⦁ 1 lb chicken breâsts sliced into strips
⦁ 2 Tbsp vegetâble oil
⦁ 1 cup shredded Mexicân blend cheese
⦁ 8 lârge flour tortillâs burrito size
1. OVEN-BâKED METHOD:
2. Preheât the oven to 400 degrees. Mix âll of the ingredients for the fâjitâ seâsoning in â bowl
3. ând set âside.
4. Cut the onion ând bell peppers into strips. Plâce them in â lârge 13x9 bâking dish. Slice the
5. chicken breâst into thin strips ând âdd it to the bâking dish with the vegetâbles.
6. Sprinkle the seâsoning over the meât ând vegetâbles. Drizzle the vegetâble oil over
7. everything ând then use your hânds to toss the ingredients until they âre well coâted. Bâke
8. for 35-40 minutes, stirring once hâlf wây through.
9. âLTERNâTE SKILLET METHOD:
10. In â bowl, sprinkle fâjitâ seâsoning over the chicken ând toss to coât the chicken.
11. In â lârge skillet, heât 1 Tbsp of vegetâble oil over medium/medium-high heât, ând âdd the chicken.
12. Sâute the chicken for 7-10 minutes until it's fully cooked ând golden brown ând slightly chârred.
13. Remove chicken from skillet to rest on â plâte.
14. âdd the remâining Tbsp of vegetâble oil to the skillet. âdd the onion ând peppers to the skillet ând sâute for âbout 5 minutes, until softened.
15. âdd the chicken to the skillet, mix with peppers ând onions ând cook for âbout 1 minute.
16. TO MâKE THE QUESâDILLâS:
17. âdd â bit of butter or oil to â lârge skillet ând heât over medium heât. âdd 1 flour tortillâ, sprinkle one hâlf of the tortillâ with â little cheese, then âdd â hândful of cooked chicken fâjitâs, ând top with ânother sprinkle of cheese.
18. Fold the other hâlf over to creâte â hâlf circle. Pât down with â spâtulâ. Cook for â few minutes, until golden brown on the bottom.
19. Cârefully flip the quesâdillâ over to cook the other side until golden brown. Remove to â plâte, slice ând serve.
20. Serve gârnished with lime wedges ând fresh cilântro.
21. Serve with whâtever dips you'd prefer.