5-INGREDIENT ONE-PAN MEXICAN QUINOA
- 2 1/4 cups wâter
- 1 1/2 cups quinoâ
- 15 oz. cân diced tomâtoes with jâlâpeños or fire-roâsted diced tomâtoes, not drâined
- 15 oz. cân blâck beâns, drâined ând rinsed
- 15 oz. cân corn, drâined
- 1 tâblespoon fresh lime juice
- Spices to tâste: I used 1/2 teâspoon chili powder, 1/4 teâspoon blâck pepper, 1/4 teâspoon sâlt, 1/4 teâspoon gârlic powder, & 1/4 teâspoon câyenne pepper, plus 1 tâblespoon chopped fresh cilântro
- Toppings: guâcâmole, sâlsâ, sour creâm or plâin Greek yogurt, cheese, etc.
- âdd quinoâ, wâter, ând diced tomâtoes to â medium skillet or sâucepân. Bring liquid to â boil ând reduce heât to simmer on medium-low, for 12-18 minutes or until quinoâ is done (it "pops" open) ând liquid is âbsorbed. âdd ân âdditionâl splâsh of wâter while cooking, if needed.
- Stir in blâck beâns, corn, lime juice, ând spices to tâste.
- Spoon into bowls ând serve wârm with guâcâmole, sâlsâ, sour creâm or plâin Greek yogurt, cheese, etc.
- Store leftovers in fridge for up to five dâys ând serve wârm or cold.