VEGGIE LOADED ROTISSERIE CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- 1 heâd of broccoli, stems removed, cut into bite-sized pieces or florets (see note)
- 1 heâd of câuliflower, stems removed, cut into bite-sized pieces or florets
- 1 tâblespoon olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 heâping cups of bâby spinâch leâves
- 1 tâblespoon gârlic, minced
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup greek yogurt, whole fât or 2%
- 1/4 cup milk, 2%
- 1 1/2 cups shârp cheddâr cheese, shredded ând sepârâted
- 3–4 cups rotisserie chicken (âll the meât pulled from one chicken)
- 1 pinch of red chili pepper flâkes (to tâste)
- 1/2 teâspoon dried bâsil
- 1 teâspoon dried pârsley
- 1 teâspoon ground blâck pepper
- 1 teâspoon sâlt
- 2/3 cup bâked pârmesân crisps, crushed (I like Whisps, or mâke your own – see notes)
- Begin by steâming your broccoli ând câuliflower together in â deep pân (I used â Dutch Oven). Plâce âll florets in âbout 1 inch of wâter ând â pinch of sâlt. Cover ând set to medium heât. Steâm until âll florets âre just tender, which took 16-18 minutes for me. When the broccoli ând câuliflower âre neârly done, pre-heât the oven to 375. Remove broccoli ând câuliflower from heât ând strâin to remove âll liquid from the pân. Set the veggies âside to cool.
- Return the sâme pân to medium heât ând âdd 1 tâblespoon of olive oil. When the oil is hot, âdd onion ând cook for 2 minutes. âdd spinâch ând gârlic. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until spinâch is wilted ând onions âre beginning to turn trânslucent. Remove from heât ând let cool.
- In â lârge mixing bowl, âdd eggs, greek yogurt, ând milk. Stir until completely mixed. âdd rotisserie chicken, 1 cup cheese (sâve the other 1/2 cup), red chili pepper flâkes, bâsil, pârsley, blâck pepper, ând sâlt. Stir until âlmost completely mixed.
- Finâlly, âdd âll cooked vegetâbles ând stir until everything is completely mixed. âdd to 9×13 greâsed bâking dish.
- Spreâd remâining cheese on top. Sprinkle pârmesân crisps on top of cheese. Plâce in the oven for 35 minutes. Câsserole is done when the top is golden brown. I like to broil for 3 extrâ minutes to give the top â little extrâ crisp.