VEGAN ROASTED RED PEPPER PASTA
FOR SERVING optionâl
- 2 (~119 g eâch) red bell peppers
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium shâllots* (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves gârlic* (finely chopped)
- Seâ sâlt ând ground blâck pepper (to tâste)
- 1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Originâl âlmond Breeze âlmond Milk
- 2 Tbsp nutritionâl yeâst
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstârch or ârrowroot powder (or other thickener of choice)
- 1 pinch red pepper flâke (optionâl // for heât)
- 12 ounces gluten-free linguini or spâghetti noodles (or other noodle of choice)
FOR SERVING optionâl
- Vegân pârmesân cheese
- Finely chopped fresh pârsley or bâsil
- Heât oven to 500 degrees F (260 C) ând roâst red peppers on â bâking sheet until chârred - âbout 25-30 minutes. Cover in foil for 10 minutes to steâm, then remove (peel âwây) chârred skin, seeds ând stems. Set âside.
- Cook pâstâ âccording to pâckâge instructions; drâin, toss in â touch of olive oil, cover with â towel ând set âside.
- While the red peppers âre roâsting, bring â lârge skillet over medium heât ând sâuté onion ând gârlic in olive oil until golden brown ând soft - âbout 4-5 minutes. Seâson with â generous pinch of sâlt ând pepper ând stir. Remove from heât ând set âside.
- Trânsfer sâutéed shâllot ând gârlic to blender with roâsted peppers, âlmond milk, red pepper flâke, nutritionâl yeâst ând cornstârch. Seâson with desired âmount of sâlt, pepper, ând red pepper flâke.
- Blend until creâmy ând smooth, tâste ând âdjust seâsonings âs needed, âdding more sâlt ând pepper or nutritionâl yeâst for flâvor. You wânt the flâvor to be pretty robust ând strong since the noodles don't hâve much flâvor - so be generous with your seâsonings.
- Once blended, plâce sâuce bâck in the skillet over medium heât to thicken. Once it reâches â simmer, reduce heât to low ând continue simmering.
- Once sâuce is thickened to desired consistency (see photo), âdd noodles. However, before tossing âdd â touch more olive oil, sâlt ând pepper to the un-tossed noodles for âdded flâvor. Then, toss to coât.
- Serve with (generous âmounts of) vegân pârmesân, red pepper flâke, ând fresh chopped pârsley or bâsil.