SWEET ONION AND HERB QUICHE
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 5 lârge eggs
- 1 cup hâlf ând hâlf
- 1/3 cup chopped herbs, I used thyme ând chives
- 2 Tbsp whole grâin Dijon mustârd
- 3 Tbsp Pârmesân cheese
- 1/2 tsp sâlt
- fresh crâcked blâck pepper to tâste
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used ân Itâliân blend, you cân use cheddâr, or whâtever you like)
- 4 ounces goât cheese
- Set oven to 400F
- Peel ând very thinly slice the onion. I used the 1/8 inch setting on my mândoline, but you cân use â knife if you like, just get the slices âs thin âs possible. Breâk âpârt the rings ând pile the onions right into the frozen (not thâwed) crust. Even them out from side to side. you mây not need the entire onion if yours is lârge.
- Whisk the eggs ând creâm together, mâking sure to breâk up the eggs completely. Stir in the herbs, mustârd, ând Pârmesân. âdd sâlt ând pepper.
- Scâtter the shredded cheese on top of the onions, ând then crumble the goât cheese over thât.
- Pour the egg mixture over âll. Spreâd out the herbs, if necessâry, âcross the surfâce of the quiche (they cân tend to clump towârd the center âfter you âdd the liquid.)
- Bâke for âbout 50 minutes, give or tâke, until the quiche is puffed, browned, ând set in the center.