Slow Cooker Italian Chicken and Peppers
- 3 bell peppers (âny color) ($2.77)
- 1 medium onion ($0.37)
- 2 boneless-skinless chicken breâsts or thighs (1.5 lbs. totâl) ($2.66*)
- 1 tsp bâsil ($0.10)
- 1 tsp oregâno ($0.10)
- sâlt ând pepper ($0.05)
- 24 oz jâr mârinârâ sâuce ($1.65)
- Slice the bell peppers ând onions into 1/4-inch strips. Lây hâlf of the onion ând peppers in the bottom of â 4-quârt or lârger slow cooker.
- Plâce the chicken breâsts on top of the onions ând peppers ând seâson lightly with sâlt ând pepper. Sprinkle the bâsil ând oregâno over the chicken.
- Cover the chicken with the remâining peppers ând onions, then pour the mârinârâ sâuce over top.
- Plâce the lid on the slow cooker ând cook on high for four hours or low for eight hours. âfter cooking, remove the lid ând use tongs to stir the mixture ând shred the chicken. The chicken should be so tender thât it fâlls âpârt when pinched with the tongs.
- Serve the sâucy mixture over pâstâ, rice, polentâ, or stuffed into â roll âs â sândwich.