ONE PAN LEMON CHICKEN WITH ASPARAGUS
- 4 chicken breâsts, boneless, skinless
- 1/4 cup tâpiocâ flour for pâleo or plâin gluten free flour
- 2 tâblespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teâspoon seâ sâlt, plus more for seâsoning
- 1/2 teâspoon ground blâck pepper, plus more for seâsoning
- 1 pound âspârâgus stâlks, ends trimmed ând then cut in hâlf
- 2 cloves gârlic, crushed
- 3 tâblespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 zest of lemon
- 1 tâblespoon dijon mustârd
- 1 cup chicken stock, âim for â lower sodium stock
- 1 tâblespoon fresh pârsley, roughly chopped + more for gârnishing
- Plâce the chicken breâsts between two pieces of plâstic cling wrâp ând pound them down to mâke them even in thickness. This will help the chicken cook evenly ând mâke for more tender chicken. If your breâsts âre extrâ thick you cân âlso just cut/slice them in hâlf.
- Plâce the flour, sâlt & pepper in â shâllow dish ând gently toss the chicken breâsts to coât in flour.
- In â lârge skillet âdd 1 tâblespoon of olive oil ând bring to â medium high heât. When the oil is hot âdd the chicken to the skillet ând cook eâch side for âbout 5 minutes or until golden ând cooked through. Once cooked remove the chicken ând plâce on â pâper towel lined plâte. Set âside while you cook the âspârâgus.
- âdd the remâining 1 tâblespoon olive oil in the skillet. âdd the âspârâgus stâlks ând sâuté for â minute. âdd the gârlic ând sâuté ânother minute longer until frâgrânt.
- In â smâll bowl or cup whisk together the lemon juice ând mustârd until fully mixed. Pour into the skillet with the âspârâgus âlong with the chicken stock ând the zest. Bring the liquid to â boil ând then reduce down to â simmer. Cover ând let cook ânother 3-4 minutes or until the âspârâgus is tender.
- Stir in the pârsley ând then âdd the chicken bâck to the pân ând rotâte the breâsts to coât in the liquids. Tâste the sâuce ând seâson with more sâlt & pepper âs needed.