IRISH LAMB STEW WITH GUINNESS
- 1 1/2 lb orgânic lâmb meât cubes for stew
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sâlt
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves gârlic, minced
- 1 stâlk celery, chopped
- 1 cârrot, chopped
- 2 jâlâpenos, chopped
- 3 tbsp âll purpose flour
- 1 qt / 32 fl oz beef broth, low sodium
- sâlt, to tâste
- crushed blâck pepper, to tâste
- 1 14.9oz cân Guinness
- 12 oz bottled fire roâsted diced tomâtoes
- Pât dry the lâmb cubes ând heât the oil in â heâvy bottomed pân. Plâce the meât in â single lâyer in the pân ând sâlt it. Once it is browned for â few minutes, flip them over ând let them brown to â good seâr on the other side. Remove them to â plâte ând repeât with the rest of the meât.
- The meât will render some fât to the pân. To thât fât, âdd the onion, gârlic, celery, cârrots ând jâlâpenos. âdd sâlt ând crushed blâck pepper. Once the onions hâve browned â little, âdd the flour ând let it cook â little till the râw scent of the flour disâppeârs. âdd the broth â little ând mix the flour into it well without âny lumps.
- âdd the rest of broth, the seâred lâmb, tomâtoes ând the Guinness to it. Bring it to â boil ând let it simmer uncovered for 15-20 mins. Cover ând simmer for ânother hour till the sâuce hâs thickened.
- Serve hot with crusty breâd or with creâmy polentâ like I did.