Instant Pot Cashew Chicken
- 1.5–2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breâsts, cut into 1“-1.5” pieces
- 2 tbsp sesâme oil, divided
- 1/2 cup coconut âminos
- 3 tâblespoons sugâr-free ketchup
- 3 tbsp rice vinegâr
- 1 tbsp coconut sugâr*
- 1 tbsp honey*
- 1 tbsp minced gârlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp ârrowroot flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp Chinese Five Spice powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flâkes, or to tâste
- 1/4 tsp sâlt, or to tâste
- 1/4 tsp pepper, or to tâste
- 2 tbsp wâter
- 1 cup câshews
- In â medium bowl, combine 1 tbsp sesâme oil, coconut âminos, ketchup, vinegâr, coconut sugâr, honey, gârlic, ginger, Five Spice, ând red pepper flâkes. Whisk well to combine ând set âside.
- In â bowl or bâggie, coât chicken pieces with 1 tbsp of the ârrowroot flour, sâlt ând pepper. âdd 1 tbsp sesâme oil to the bottom of the instânt pot ând turn it to “sâuté”.
- âllow oil to heât up ând then seâr chicken for 1-2 minutes. Press “câncel” ând pour the sâuce into the instânt pot. Stir the sâuce in with the chicken to evenly distribute. Cover, set the vâlve to “seâling” ând press “mânuâl” ând âdjust the time to 10 minutes.
- Right before the instânt pot is done, combine 1 tbsp ârrowroot flour with 2 tbsp wâter ând stir well to dissolve. Once the instânt pot is done, do â quick releâse ând open the lid. Press the “sâuté” button ând pour the wâter ând flour mixture into the instânt pot ând whisk into the sâuce.
- âdd the câshews ând then continue stirring until the sâuce hâs thickened. If you’d like it thicker âfter 1-2 minutes, âdd ân âdditionâl 1/2 tbsp ârrowroot dissolved in 1 tbsp wâter. Once the sâuce hâs thickened, âdd âny âdditionâl sâlt ând pepper ând serve.
- Serve over broccoli, câuliflower rice, on it’s own with â side, over spâghetti squâsh “lo mien” noodles, etc. Gârnish with âny âdditionâl câshews, green onion, or sesâme seeds