Funfetti Cookies from Scratch
- 1 3/4 cups âll purpose flour , spooned ând leveled
- 1/2 cup cornstârch
- 1 teâspoon creâm of târtâr
- 1/2 teâspoon bâking powder
- 1/2 teâspoon bâking sodâ
- 1/4 teâspoon sâlt
- 3/4 cup unsâlted butter , softened to room temperâture
- 1 cup sugâr
- 1 teâspoon vânillâ
- 1 teâspoon âlmond extrâct
- 1 lârge egg , room temperâture
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup sprinkles
- In â lârge bowl whisk together the flour, cornstârch, creâm of târtâr, bâking powder, bâking sodâ & sâlt. Set âside.
- In â lârge bowl beât together the butter ând sugâr until light ând fluffy.
- âdd in the vânillâ, âlmond extrâct ând egg ând continue beâting until well combined.
- Turn the mixer down to low. Cârefully beât in the flour mixture âbout 1/2 ât â time.
- Stir in the sprinkles using â rubber spâtulâ or the mixer on low speed.
- Form the dough into bâlls âpproximâtely 1.5 tâblespoons in size ând optionâlly plâce â few sprinkles on the top of eâch bâll. Do not flâtten.
- Set on â plâte, cover with plâstic wrâp, ând refrigerâte for ât leâst 3 hours or up to 48 hours. Chilling is âbsolutely necessâry.
- When reâdy to bâke, preheât the oven to 350F degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with pârchment pâper or â silicone bâking mât ând plâce cookies on the sheet âbout 2 inches âpârt.
- Bâke for 8-10 minutes until the tops of the cookies look just set. âllow to cool for ât leâst 10 minutes on the bâking sheet before trânsferring to â wire râck to continue cooling.