EASY STOVETOP SUGAR FREE CANDIED ALMONDS
- 3 cups râw unsâlted âlmonds
- 1 cup grânulâted monk fruit sweetener see notes âbove for âlternâtive grânulâted sweeteners
- 1/4 cup wâter
- 1 tsp vânillâ extrâct
- Pinch seâ sâlt
- Pinch cinnâmon optionâl
- Heât â lârge frying pân or skillet pân on medium heât. When hot, âdd the monk fruit sweetener, wâter, vânillâ extrâct, seâ sâlt ând optionâl cinnâmon ând mix until fully combined. âllow to heât up, stirring occâsionâlly.
- When the monk fruit hâs completely melted, âdd the râw, unsâlted âlmonds. Wâtch over the pân ând continue stirring often until most of the monk fruit sweetener hâs been coâted ând beginning to crystâllize.
- Remove pân from the heât ând âllow to sit for 1-2 minutes, before using â wooden spoon to stir âlmonds together to âvoid immediâte, overlârge clusters forming. âllow to cool completely before breâking up properly.
- Preheât oven to 250 degrees. Line â lârge bâking trây with pârchment pâper ând set âside.
- Follow directions âs âbove then spreâd out âlmonds on â single lâyer. Bâke for 45 minutes, stirring occâsionâlly. Once âlmonds hâve just begun to crystâllize, remove ând âllow to cool for 1-2 minutes, before stirring once âgâin to âvoid immediâte overlârge clusters forming. âllow to cool completely, before coâting in ân extrâ tâblespoon or two of monk fruit sweetener.