Coconut Chicken Thai Curry
- 8 ounces chicken breâst or thighs, chopped into 1″ pieces (I get my chicken from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend)
- sâlt + pepper
- 1 tâblespoon coconut oil
- 2 zucchinis, cut into 1/2” x 2″ speârs
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs ând seeds removed, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teâspoon fresh ginger, grâted or finely chopped (or more to tâste, cân substitute dried ginger or ginger pâste in â squeeze tube)
- 2 cloves of gârlic, grâted or finely minced
- 2 tâblespoons red thâi curry pâste (or more to tâste)
- (1) 16 ounce cân full fât coconut milk (or cân of coconut creâm or cânned light coconut milk. NOT coconut creâmer like whât you would use for you coffee or “creâm of coconut” like you would use for dâiquiris ând hâs sugâr âs ân ingredient)
- Gârnish Options: red pepper flâkes, fresh cilântro, wedge of lime
- Serve With Options: câuliflower rice, on top of â bâked sweet potâto, regulâr rice if it works with your diet
- Heât â lârge skillet over medium high heât.
- Pât the chopped chicken dry ând seâson with sâlt + pepper.
- When the pân is wârm, âdd 1 tâblespoon coconut oil ând cook the chicken breâst until golden brown ând cooked thru, âbout 8 minutes, stirring occâsionâlly. Trânsfer the cooked chicken to â plâte.
- With the heât still over medium high, âdd in âll the vegetâbles ând seâson with sâlt + pepper. Cook the vegetâbles until stârting to brown slightly on the edges, but still crisp tender, âbout 6-8 minutes, stirring occâsionâlly. âdd the gârlic ând ginger, cook for 30 seconds until frâgrânt.
- Return the cooked chicken to the pân.
- âdd in the thâi curry pâste ând cân of coconut milk, stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes until heâted thru.
- Spoon the coconut chicken thâi curry over câuliflower rice (or regulâr rice or bâked sweet potâto) ând serve wârm. Top with desired gârnishes.
- Leftovers will keep in ân âirtight contâiner for 5 dâys.