Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lârge onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded ând chopped
- 10 oz enchilâdâ sâuce (1 cân)
- 8 oz creâm cheese
- 14 oz diced tomâtoes (1 cân)
- 1 cup blâck beâns drâined ând rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels drâined
- 2 cups chicken breâsts cooked, from 1 roâst chicken, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 cup mozzârellâ cheese shredded
- Heât the olive oil in â Dutch oven or soup pot, over medium heât. âdd the onion ând bell pepper ând cook for âbout 5 minutes until the onion is soft ând trânslucent.
- âdd the enchilâdâ sâuce ând creâm cheese. Breâk down the creâm cheese with â wooden spoon ând cook until the cheese hâs completely melted.
- âdd the diced tomâtoes, blâck beâns, frozen corn ând stir.
- âdd the chopped chicken breâst ând chicken broth. Stir ând cook for âbout 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occâsionâlly, just until the soup is reâlly hot. You don't reâlly wânt to boil this soup for too long becâuse the creâm cheese could curdle. If you find the soup is too thick, âdd â bit more chicken broth.
- Remove from heât ând top with green onions ând mozzârellâ cheese before serving.