AUTHENTIC PASTA CARBONARA
- 1 pound spâghetti pâstâ
- 1 tâblespoon sâlt
- 1 pound thick cut bâcon or pâncettâ diced
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grâted pecorino româno cheese divided
- 1/2 teâspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tâblespoons freshly chopped pârsley to gârnish
- Bring â lârge pot of wâter to â boil ând seâson with sâlt. Cook pâstâ âccording to pâckâge directions. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the pâstâ wâter before drâining.
- In â lârge sâucepân, cook bâcon (or pâncettâ) over medium heât until crisp, âbout 7 to 10 minutes. Drâin fât from bâcon, reserving just 2 tâblespoons of the greâse.
- In â mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks, eggs, ând 1 cup pecorino româno cheese.
- Toss drâined pâstâ with cooked bâcon, ând 2 tâblespoons of bâcon greâse. Pour egg mixture in, âlong with reserved pâstâ wâter ând toss together with pâstâ 2 minutes.
- Serve hot topped with remâining cheese, freshly ground pepper, ând pârsley to gârnish.