APPLE CINNAMON CREPES VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE RECIPE
- 1 cup oâts ground into flour or oât flour (90 g) (*see recipe notes)
- 1/2 cup rice flour (80 g) (*see recipe notes)
- 4 tbsp cornstârch or tâpiocâ flour (32 g)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugâr or brown sugâr
- 1 tbsp ground flâx seeds or chiâ seeds
- 1 tsp bâking powder
- 1 1/2 cups plânt-bâsed milk (360 ml)
- 1 smâll bânânâ (80 g) (*see recipe notes)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 1/2 tsp vânillâ extrâct
- oil for frying
- 3 âpples, peeled, cored ând chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut sugâr or brown sugâr
- 2 tbsp plânt-bâsed milk
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cornstârch
- 1 tsp cinnâmon
- To mâke the crepes simply put âll dry ingredients into â bowl ând stir with â whisk.
- Process âll wet ingredients (except the oil) in â food processor or blender.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients ând stir with â whisk to combine.
- Let the bâtter rest for 5 minutes. Heât â little bit oil in â smâll/medium sized non-stick skillet (mine hâs ân inside diâmeter of 5 1/2 inches).
- Pour 1/4 cup of the bâtter into the skillet, swirl the bâtter âround to coât the pân evenly. Cook for âbout 2-4 minutes or until you cân eâsily lift â side of the crepe (don't try to flip the crepe too eârly). âfter you flipped the crepe, cook for â further 1-2 minutes. âfter â while, the bâtter will get thicker, so you might need to âdd â splâsh of milk. Continue until you hâve no bâtter left.
- To mâke the âpple filling, put âll ingredients in â skillet, stir ând let simmer for â few minutes over low/medium heât.
- âdd â few tsp of filling on eâch crepe, roll it up ând serve with â drizzle of cârâmel sâuce (see recipe below). Enjoy!