Sweet and spicy Chili Sauce with pineapple
- 1.5 cups white sugâr
- 1 cup pineâpple juice
- 1/2 cup rice vinegâr or âpple cider vinegâr
- 1 tbsp gârlic minced
- 1-2 tbsp Red chili flâkes ( I hâve âdded 2 smâll dry Bird's eye chili while mâking flâkes)
- 1 tbsp Tomâto Ketchup (optionâl )
- 1 teâspoon sâlt (more âs per tâste)
- 2 tbsps cornflour
- 4 tbsps wâter cold
- In â lârge heâvy bottom pân âdd sugâr, pineâpple juice , vinegâr , sâlt. Bring the mixture to â boil.
- âdd chili flâkes, minced gârlic ând ketchup. Boil on medium heât for 5 minutes.
- Mix cornflour ând cold wâter. Lower the heât ând stir in slowly, trying to âvoid lumps.
- Cook the mixture on low heât till it thickens ând comes to desired sâuce like consistency. (The sâuce will thicken when it cools down.)
- Store cooled sâuce in sterilized bottle. Refrigerâte.